Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

Things have been a bit busy the few days. Friday we had a Christmas party for the children sponsored through Covenant Mercies. It was a great time of talking about the true meaning of Christmas, singing, dancing, playing games, eating a good meal and giving the children their gifts. I spent Thursday packing the gifts and goody bags with Zicky and some of her children. That took about 3 hours but I was so thankful to be able to participate in this event. I spent time with my future students and its amazing how much I love them already, God has truly given me his heart for them. I am excited for school to start so I can get to know them better. When I was sitting talking with one of the teachers a young boy boldly came up and was touching my hair, I guess his curiosity got the best of him. Me and the other teachers started laughing amongst ourselves as he walked away closing his eyes and smelling his hands. Later some of the girls did the same thing and carefully observed and touched the hair and freckles on my arms, both of which they do not have. Another young boy was fascinated that he could see the blue veins in my hands and was constantly touching them and showing them to others.

As the party came to a close I went and stood by the window of my future classroom to escape the afternoon sun. As I stood there I could hear behind me Charles (the case worker for Covenant Mercies) talking to some children who wanted to give their life to the Lord. My heart was filled with joy to see the fruits of the labor of Covenant Mercies, Lighthouse Christian School and all the individuals who have been involved. I am grateful that these children not only have an opportunity to have a good education but have the opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel. This would not be possible without the hundreds of individuals back in the states that sponsor a child. So be encouraged, your sacrifice is making an eternal difference. Thank you!! (Oh, and I was able to meet the young girl my mother sponsors, Cleopatra.)

No comments:

Post a Comment