Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12/5/10

Last night I woke up at about 11:30 pm and was wide-awake until just after 3am. At first I sighed and thought to myself, “here we go again, I guess I haven’t beaten this jet lag.” For a few minutes I battled, trying to force myself to go back to sleep, this was all in vain. Then I realized it was God waking me up. My body had been refreshed and it was time for my spirit to be refreshed. I spent a good 3 hours reading the word, praying and reading a book about a missionary in the Congo. I felt very refreshed and thankful for that time. Here are 2 of the passages I read:

Isaiah 12:2-6 “ Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. In that day you will say: ‘Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is to be exalted.’ Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.”

Joshua 1:5-9 “ no one will be able to stand up against you all the days of yours life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law of my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. “

Twatotela andi Lesa- Thank you my God in Bemba

2 comments:

  1. Hi baby girl!! =D, not sure if you can see this but i just wanted you to know that I am smiling and saying "Hi" =D

    ReplyDelete