Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February 25,2011

It has been far too long since I have last posted, so my apologies. My plate has been full but thankfully God has been giving me the strength I need to press through the hard times and the tiredness. I am finding such great joy in spending the majority of my time with my pupils (now 29 of them). I missed 3 days at the beginning of last week being that I needed to be at the flat while the repairs were being done…and oh how I missed them. I couldn’t wait to get back and see their smiling faces and give them a big hug. I think I am hooked..lol. I started extra tutoring lessons with about ¼ of them. I started with 4 that are having some trouble in math and after mid term break, which is next week, I will be working more with the ones that need help in English and grammar. I will more than likely do math-tutoring 2x a week and then the English/grammar 2-3x a week. It’s difficult because a few cannot even recognize the numbers 1-10 when I write them out. They can count but actually identifying the numbers is an issue, thus doing the math problems with the rest of the class has been impossible. Most cannot read and a hand full cannot even properly copy notes from the board. So part of the week off I will be reviewing their work and assessing where they are and which students need remedial work and tutoring. Once I have assessed this I will be able to group them together and better plan the tutoring sessions. I truly want to see them all reach their full potential but realize they are on different levels and not all are able to grasp everything in class. Please be praying for guidance and wisdom from the Lord as I begin the assessment process and tutoring sessions.

1 comment:

  1. Those pupils you put extra effort tutoring/teaching will never forget you for their lifetime! Though they are young, they can tell how dedicated and how much time you are investing in them to help them! The older they get, they will even more appreciate your sacrificial love for them from this time period of their lives.

    ReplyDelete